The following resources provide information on what is happening in Illinois regarding carpet recycling as well as other industry resources.
CRWG Resource Highlight: The Carpet Recycling Toolkit
This new resource assists local governments in successfully providing carpet recycling programs throughout the state. Recycling options for carpet and carpet padding are growing nationally and globally as new uses are found for the fibers. The following guide was designed to act as a toolkit for developing a program in your community.
This toolkit lays out a variety of program models including one-day collection events, permanent drop-off sites, curbside collection and retail take-back that you may opt to implement. It also contains complimentary resource materials such as education and outreach materials, program impact and data tracking suggestions, and best practice case studies for programs currently operating in Illinois.
Download the Carpet Recycling Toolkit - Zip File of Resources
Illinois Carpet Recycling Working Group (CRWG)
- CRWG Overview
- Illinois Carpet Value Chain
- Carpet Recycling Briefing Paper
- Carpet Recycling Action Plan
- Carpet Recycling Flyer - General
- Carpet Recycling Flyer - Customize Example
- Market Development and Best Practices Report
- Carpet Recycling Press Release - Nov 2013
- Carpet Stewardship Act: SB3546
- Carpet Recycling Toolkit - Zip File of Resources
Carpet America Recovery Effort (CARE)
- 2015 CARE Member Product Catalogue
- CARE 2013 Annual Report
- CARE 2012 Annual Report
- CARE Post-consumer Carpet Receiving Requirements
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Local Government Efforts
Carpet Industry Information