April 20, 2017 SWANA Land of Lincoln Chapter Safety Summit
What's Going On?
The Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Land of Lincoln Chapter hosted Spring Safety Summit on April 20th. Presentations from this event can be found on our "Events" page.
The SWANA Land of Lincoln Board of Directors wishes to thank Standard Equipment for hosting this event at their facility.
What's New with the Land of Lincoln ChapterIt is SWANA's mission to advance the practice of environmentally and economically sound management of municipal solid waste in North America. For over 40 years, SWANA has been the leading professional association in the solid waste field, serving over 8,000 members throughout North America, and thousands more with conferences, certifications, publications, and technical training courses. Our membership includes local and state government officials; engineering and planning consultants; owners and operators of solid waste facilities and waste and recycling haulers. The Land of Lincoln Chapter offers many opportunities for solid waste professionals, including: Periodic dinner meetings and workshops with featured speakers on relevant solid waste topics:
- Solid waste facility tours
- Annual fundraising event to support award of a college scholarship
- Annual fall business meeting to elect officers
- Chapter-sponsored professional networking events
- Partnership with SWANA’s national headquarters to provide members with education, training and certification benefits